1985 Chateau Leoville-Las Cases Bordeaux
Chateau Leoville Las Cases is today among the most emblematic estates of the prestigious Saint-Julien appellation located on the Left Bank from the Bordeaux region. Its wines continue to reach the peaks of excellence and elegance vintage after vintage. Chateau Leoville Las Cases is recognized as one of the oldest estates in the Medoc with a heritage based on a long wine tradition. The lion statue that adorns the estate’s entrance gate makes its instantly recognizable as Chateau Leoville Las Cases.
As a Second Classified Growth of 1855, its excellence in quality earns the estate the title of “First of the Second Crus”. The Delon family took control of the estate at the end of the 19th century and it is now led by Jean-Hubert Delon. Chateau Leoville Las Cases has been a model for exceptional quality consistency since the 1970s.
The strength of this estate is its exceptional terroir. Chateau Leoville Las Cases has 55 hectares planted inside the renowned Clos de Leoville with a complex mosaic of terroirs. The Gironde River near the estate benefits the vineyards as a heat regulator. It helps to keep temperatures moderate and acts as a frost barrier. The vines grow in Gunz gravel soils that is made up of a gravel-sandy subsoil on top of a deep layer of clay. This terroir is at the core of the estate’s exceptional wines that display the typicity of each of the symbolic Left Bank black varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.